Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Problem with displaying IP addresses in newest NeDi  (Read 4483 times)

michieltimmers

Problem with displaying IP addresses in newest NeDi
« on: September 26, 2012, 02:50:37 PM »
Hi,

In the newest NeDi I dont see the IP addresses anymore in the interface list, it only shows the mac address and then 0/. See attached image. How to solve? This is on all device, Cisco. we

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Problem with displaying IP addresses in newest NeDi
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 10:53:22 PM »
I hope to find the time for a new defgen tutorial! In order to provide IPv6 support, the .defs received new options for handling addresses. I did update some of them (grep IFaddr or ArpND to review), but set the rest to old. I was hoping this would work for now. What do you see in a -v output? Curious whether you can fix it with those hints...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

Mikeuyz

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 02:43:13 PM »
I hope to find the time for a new defgen tutorial! In order to provide IPv6 support, the .defs received new options for handling addresses. I did update some of them (grep IFaddr or ArpND to review), but set the rest to old. I was hoping this would work for now. What do you see in a -v output? Curious whether you can fix it with those hints...

This is the result of the new nedi.pl script.

Code: [Select]
Started with relative path!
PTY :Loaded
LWP :Loaded
OUI :18813 NIC vendor entries read
RDEV:1423 devices read () from nedi2.devices
Undefined subroutine &db::ReadAddr called at nedi.pl line 203.

So we used the script of the old one. That's probably the reason why we are getting this problem isn't it?
Could you please explain us what the problem is with the new nedi.pl script.

Greattzz,

Mikey

Mikeuyz

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 03:20:18 PM »
Changed database etc.

Script still not working. Checked all configuration. Nedi.pl doesn't work.

in Debug mode
Code: [Select]

Started with relative path!
PTY :Loaded
LWP :Loaded
OUI :18813 NIC vendor entries read
RDEV:1423 devices read () from nedi.devices
Undefined subroutine &db::ReadAddr called at nedi.pl line 205.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 08:09:37 PM »
Any chance inc/libdb-msqp.pm did not get updated? ReadDev() works, thus it's included at least...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

Mikeuyz

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 10:38:20 AM »
Any chance inc/libdb-msqp.pm did not get updated? ReadDev() works, thus it's included at least...

Fixed, updated some mysql tables.
The script also works fine. Guess the server didn't overwrite the old ones.

After executing this:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS interfaces;

CREATE TABLE interfaces(      device VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL, ifname VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL, ifidx BIGINT unsigned,
                                                linktype CHAR(4), iftype INT unsigned, ifmac CHAR(12),
                                                ifdesc VARCHAR(255), alias VARCHAR(64), ifstat TINYINT unsigned default 0,
                                                speed BIGINT unsigned default 0, duplex CHAR(2), pvid SMALLINT unsigned default 0,
                                                inoct BIGINT unsigned default 0, inerr INT unsigned default 0,
                                                outoct BIGINT unsigned default 0, outerr INT unsigned default 0,
                                                dinoct BIGINT unsigned default 0, dinerr INT unsigned default 0,
                                                doutoct BIGINT unsigned default 0, douterr INT unsigned default 0,
                                                indis INT unsigned default 0, outdis INT unsigned default 0,
                                                dindis INT unsigned default 0,  doutdis INT unsigned default 0,
                                                inbrc INT unsigned default 0, dinbrc INT unsigned default 0,
                                                lastchg INT unsigned default 0, poe SMALLINT unsigned default 0,
                                                comment VARCHAR(255), INDEX (device(8)), INDEX (ifname(8)),INDEX (ifidx) );

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS networks;

CREATE TABLE networks (       device VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL, ifname VARCHAR(32), ifip INT unsigned,
                                                ifip6 varbinary(16), prefix TINYINT unsigned, vrfname VARCHAR(32),
                                                status SMALLINT unsigned, INDEX (device(8)), INDEX (ifname), INDEX (ifip) );

ALTER TABLE nodes
 ADD nodip6 varbinary(16);

All works fine!

Ahh, the files are not updating at the rrd....
It only updates our core router (one of them). After that it doesn't continue.

Does that has to do with any of the tables i just deleted?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:43:59 AM by Mikeuyz »

Mikeuyz

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 12:19:50 PM »
Close thread, all is fixed now.

Forgot the seedlist !

Thanks for helping us.