Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Upgrade from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7  (Read 2811 times)

Subordination

• View Profile
Upgrade from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7
« on: September 04, 2012, 09:49:20 PM »
Is there  a post somewhere that explains the process of upgrading from 1.0.6 to the 1.0.7 version ,
if possible w/o losing historical Data?
Thanks-G

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Upgrade from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 08:52:45 PM »
Unfortunately I haven't tracked every db change, but I hope to improve this soon.  :-[ There are many changes to 1.0.8 as well, so I'd just wait until that is ready and you can start with a clean install...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

sclevenger

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 12:17:52 AM »
So father (rickli) are you suggesting we wait. I too am doing an upgrade from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7 vers.  If so, when will the next vers be out. I need to get this going soon. I am also asking about the historical and the site DB. Will we be able to migrate this to the 1.0.8 vers. Hopefully That is the goal?  ;)
Thanks,
Steve 8)

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 02:39:58 PM »
Are you really missing anything in 1.0.6? If not I'd wait. I'm about to add more changes in the 1.0.8 DB structure hoping that it'll be upgradeable from there onward...

Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

sclevenger

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 06:08:20 PM »
SO Rickli,

I like what you are saying, and am so looking forward to the new vers However I have work dead lines and such as I assume the other person in asking on this has  :'(. I work in a hospital and we have been on 1.0.6  and it works but want to see the new changes and the fun going forward. We want to maybe take it  hospital wide if things go well. The bottom line issue is when do you project the new vers to go golden.  This will help me work my project schedule for my management staff.  I so far really appreciate this product and in no way am I dishing you up, just that I have some dead lines to think about. :-\
Thanks dad for understanding.  ;)

Stephen

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 11:35:38 PM »
I understand, but it's hard to tell since I work two jobs, one that pays and developing NeDI ;)

If things don't get too hectic and I can keep up the progress I'm making right now, a usable version should be ready next month...
-Remo

sclevenger

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 05:04:50 PM »
Rickli,

That is great news. Will keep my fingers crossed that you are able to keep on track. Yes I am a bit selfish too. LOL. Thanks for the candor and the quick response.  8)
regards,

Stephen