Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nedi Deployment  (Read 3272 times)

jschlegel

• View Profile
Nedi Deployment
« on: June 30, 2012, 02:42:49 AM »
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the community and say a piece on the current deployment I'm working.  I just took a job as Network Manager in a mid-sized one with about 25 locations worldwide and 4000 nodes.  Up until now they've never had a network manager or anyone who actually understood networks so it's been quite a challenge to get things under control.  Imagine the most poor network deployment you can think of...use your imagination...that's what I'm dealing with.

Nedi has been a lifesaver.  I have about 40% of my sites using it so far. 2000 nodes and 530 devices.  I've discovered devices that no one knew existed that had no documentation.  The toughest part I think has been ensuring the community string and locations are correct.  Just about every site was installed by a different person and has different un/pw for access and different strings.

I gave a demo to my boss the other day and he absolutely loved it.  I have approval to displace a piece of crap cloud-based discovery tool one of our VARs put in place.

Thanks for the excellent tool!  I hope to be able to help the community in any way possible.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Nedi Deployment
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 06:53:32 PM »
Great, thanks for the feedback! Had I known you're going to post this, I'd let you in earlier ;) Just quite busy myself getting IPv6 and other stuff ready for 1.0.8 alpha...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo