Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Config backup error: connection prohibited by usessh policy  (Read 3937 times)

atpoirie

I had Nedi config backups working using ssh previously but after moving my /opt/nedi folder to a new server the ssh backups stopped working for all of my switches except for one which also happens to be the highest numbered IP address and the last switch that Nedi tries to access. 

This is what I get in an email

Network Core: Config backup error: connection prohibited by usessh policy
Phone Rack: Config backup error: connection prohibited by usessh policy
Orfield927: Config backup error: no working user

I turned on -d and looked in the input.log and output.log, the only thing listed in there is an error free backup of the one switch that is getting backed up.

I've double checked my config made sure I have all the keys with nedi.pl -k and made sure I can ssh into the switches from the server.  Any other ideas?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 05:04:10 PM by atpoirie »

atpoirie

Re: Config backup error: connection prohibited by usessh policy
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 05:28:01 PM »
Fixed: Turns out I didn't have the perl library libio-pty installed.

atpoirie

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 06:32:00 PM »
I was still getting "Config backup error: no working user" for HP 2620 and HP 3500yl switches

Nothing shows up in output.log or input.log, I'm seeing this however in the output from -v

Prepare (CLI)  ----------------------------------------------------------------
PREP:No working user
DISC:Cli config = no working user
DISC:Config backup error: no working user
MLQ :admin+ Orfield915: Config backup error: no working user

Found that the login column wasn't being set in the devices table for those models, not sure what writes that on discovery.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 10:00:46 PM »
Reset CLI access within Devices-Status. It was disabled due to failed SSH login before...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo