Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Confib backups not working  (Read 2751 times)

raider82

• View Profile
Confib backups not working
« on: May 03, 2012, 08:11:33 AM »
Hi,

any reason why nedi.pl -v -u seedlist -B -U nedi.conf would not make a backup, but nedi.pl -v -a IP -B -U nedi.conf does?
I have tried this with several IPs and changed configs now. However I cannot run the -a thing with over 11.000 devices.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
raider82

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Confib backups not working
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 09:45:36 PM »
Weird, what exactly doesn't work?
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

raider82

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 10:37:17 AM »
I don't see the new config. The version in the database remains the old one, but the device shows something else on the prompt. The date of the config in NeDi shows something in March.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 10:31:35 PM »
Did the config change since March? What do you mean with something else in the prompt? Can you post the part of a verbose output?
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

raider82

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 02:46:16 PM »
Did the config change since March? What do you mean with something else in the prompt? Can you post the part of a verbose output?
We specifically deactivated Telnet on some devices. I knew it was done and so I expected, my Telnet Report would not show the affected devices any more (the report is looking for patterns in the config, discovery is SSH only). But they stayed.
Then I checked the console of some devices and saw that people actually had Telnet being turned off. But the same devices in NeDi still showed old values. Even after several days (although daily discovery runs with -B).
In the meanwhile, these devices have disappeared from my report. So it seems that after some time, an update is working, but not within the first days. nedi.pl -a however covered the update immediately. So it seems -a -B is different than -u -B ...

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 11:46:53 PM »
If a device shows a port (e.g. 22), but no username, it means it could connect, but not log in. Clearing this port (CLI icon in Devices-Status), will have nedi retry login and eventually change the port. I'm not aware of another possibility  :)
-Remo