Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nedi 1.0.7 backup problem via telnet  (Read 2991 times)

edged

Nedi 1.0.7 backup problem via telnet
« on: May 10, 2012, 11:51:43 AM »
Hi all,

I have recently started testing 1.0.7 looking to replace the 1.0.5 version that we have used for several years, and have encountered a problem with getting nedi to perform a backup via telnet.  Our Cisco logins currently do not have a usernames at the moment (in the process of migrating to RADIUS/LDAP auth though) and in the older version it was possible to add a user name starting with an "N-" to get Nedi to ignore the username and just send the password and enable password, but the latest version doesn't seem to like this.  (When debugging Nedi shows "DISC:Cli config = no valid users" and "DISC:Cli bridge fwd = no valid users"

Has anyone else experience this problem and know how to resolve it?  my 1.0.5 instance works and backs up configs without problems, but I know there has been a lot of code changes between the verisons.

Thanks

harry

• View Profile
Re: Nedi 1.0.7 backup problem via telnet
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 01:33:05 PM »
Have you tried . (dot)as user name?

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 09:59:12 PM »
You can actually use anything as username now. It's less picky, since I've added some logic (based on the prompts), whether a username needs to be sent or not. You seem to have another problem with no valid users. Check nedi.conf again...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

edged

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 12:45:07 PM »
Thanks for the response.  I've since tried a . (dot) and (tab) but that hasn't made any difference.  I have also taken a look at Nedi.conf, and every thing seems correct.  My passwords have numbers in them though.  Will that make any difference?

Thanks

edged

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 04:48:12 PM »
Hi,

I've resolved my problem!  I deleted and re-installed Nedi, and started again, this time everything seems to be working OK. Must have made a mistake editing one of the files  :-[

Thanks to everyone who gave advice on this one, really appreciate it!