Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NeDi 1.0.8 Progress  (Read 93914 times)

pc_sg

• View Profile
Re: NeDi 1.0.8 Progress
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2012, 03:58:42 PM »
Resported really in late, but I've successfully installed 1.0.8 250 on my production server (scaring!!!)
To avoid problems, from scratch, except configuration parameters (well refined by me...)

Good! Still to deep to explore any new feature!

I've seen some alternative script to launch in multithreaded mode, but I absolutely don't understand the right way!
Also I've seen something about an "agent" and collector environment, but I think that we should wait instructions from Remo ;)

Ah, Remo, do you need any report or test I'll do to refine your masterpiece?

Paolo.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2012, 06:18:31 PM »
@red, done...expecting your donation after final release  ;)

@pc, Readme should tell you about all changes. moni2.pl was an attempt for threaded monitoring, but this is actually alpha code!
The master agent part ist not thoroughly tested either, so I'll document this, if it turns out to be usable...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

pc_sg

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2012, 09:54:00 AM »
@pc, Readme should tell you about all changes. moni2.pl was an attempt for threaded monitoring, but this is actually alpha code!
The master agent part ist not thoroughly tested either, so I'll document this, if it turns out to be usable...

Do you need some beta (alpha) test?
If you give me enough instruction, I can try, if advisable in a parallel instance.

Anyway,  8)

Paolo

redpineapple

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2012, 06:46:29 AM »
@red, done...expecting your donation after final release  ;)

;D

Can ship you wine, caps, tshirts, polars and scarfs!!!

BTW: Do you have my mods for:
- Ciena www.ciena.com
- Mikrotik www.routerboard.com
- Radwin www.radwin.com

?

pc_sg

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2012, 08:16:24 AM »
Hi Remo,
do you think you can add an "Alarm" test button, for example in User Profile page, to check both e-mail and SMS functionality (one for each)?
Else we need to wait any real alarm condition.

TIA!

P.S. in libmon.pm I've seen you commented code for SMTP SMS sending. I've tried to adjust it, copying some code from smsd part, but I'm not sure, because I absolutely don't know PERL language and programming. If I find some spare time, I'll try to look around for some other examples, and if I'll obtain a running code, I'll send you.

Paolo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2012, 11:16:10 PM »
@red, Southafrican wine, mmmh that'll work! Going to Seychelles soon, will pick it up on the way back ;)

@pc, you can test it with moni.pl -t200, but I suppose a GUI feature could be added if time permits...

And here's why one shouldn't be coding close to midnight, after a full day of work (presenting a network design and working on a new cloud architecture):

my $mc = sprintf "%02x%02x%02x%02x%02x%02x",$i[12].$i[13].$i[14].$i[15].$i[16].$i[17];

Who gets it? :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:10:19 AM by rickli »
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

pc_sg

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2012, 08:24:16 AM »
@pc, you can test it with moni.pl -t200, but I suppose a GUI feature could be added if time permits...
Code: [Select]
nedi:/var/nedi# ./moni.pl -v -t200
RMON:238 entries (dev) read from nedi.monitoring
RMON:0 entries (node) read from nedi.monitoring
RUSR:1 entries (groups & 8 AND (phone != "" OR email != "")) read from nedi.users
ALRT:0 mails from 0 events and 0 SMS sent

Anyway, don't worry, I'll wait until a real event... :)

redpineapple

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2012, 09:02:45 AM »
@red, Southafrican wine, mmmh that'll work! Going to Seychelles soon, will pick it up on the way back ;)

Drop in when you are in Joburg and we'll fatten you up on wors & biltong!

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2012, 09:57:36 PM »
Sounds good :)

@pc, good point, that first device needs to have sending mails enabled. I'll look at improving this...
-Remo

lukas

« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2012, 09:02:17 PM »
my $mc = sprintf "%02x%02x%02x%02x%02x%02x",$i[12].$i[13].$i[14].$i[15].$i[16].$i[17];

Who gets it? :)

s/[.]/,/gsmx;

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2012, 02:54:48 PM »
Exactly, I was concatenating the array to a string and wondered about a really strange MAC address  :-[
-Remo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2012, 10:12:24 PM »
I know you want it....I also know what you're going to ask next: Can we add servers? It's on the todo-list ;)
-Remo

pc_sg

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2012, 08:16:02 AM »
Slurp!!!

If you like graphical mapping, a somethig useful thing is a printable switch front panel map of ports, with some (even only one a time) info about port configuration, like assigned VLAN, description fields, etc.

Until now a colleague of me has made an Excel file who parse a CSV export of devices database, but is a rough approach, and absolutely not usable...

Anyway, very nice, Remo!!!

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2012, 09:43:21 PM »
Yeh, I was thinking about adding the ports (running out of space on 48p 1RU switches), but how do you handle chassis and stacks? It's ok as long as the entity mib is used, but still needs more walks, which will slow down the discovery. On the other hand, what do you really gain out of it? Pretty pictures, ok but you know what the switch looks like for real, right? So I went for a more basic look, with quick links to the details instead...
-Remo

cmesser

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2012, 11:35:56 AM »
Hi Remo,

I managed to do a test installation of the 250 beta last week.
Again you have added some very nice features! Thanks for that.

Especially I like the link to the neighbor map over the link list of a device.
Another enhancement for this feature would be that one can select a deeper level of neighbors
in the topology map. For example to show the device, the neighbors and the neighbors of the neighbors in level 2.

Do you think this is possible? (without spending too much time)

Christoph

PS: I can't wait to see the WLAN controller feature in the final 1.0.8  8)