Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NeDi 1.0.8 Progress  (Read 93937 times)

pc_sg

• View Profile
Re: NeDi 1.0.8 Progress
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2012, 02:24:42 PM »
Yes, Remo, is impossible to include too many infos in a "printable" switch front panel map.

Our idea was to document VLAN port mapping, to help operator to choose right switch port to interconnect to wall network sockets...

But is not so important! Don't worry at all!

Thanks anyway!!!

Paolo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2012, 11:44:10 PM »
I haven't completely given up on the panel, but it's just not a big priority right now...

cmesser, yes that would be nice, but is not done that easily with the current logic. Will keep it in mind too :)

Thanks to Jürgen for isolating a bug, which caused monitoring graphs to have gaps. Funny I never really saw it...and I'm running NeDi on various locations myself!

Still wrapping up a few things for beta2, but it won't be long anymore!
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

ntmark

• View Profile
    • tvnz.co.nz
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2012, 09:28:19 PM »
Just noticed Remo has posted a youtube on how to use the defgen features in nedi.
Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere in forums, but it's quite informative.
Take 30mins out of your day to get some handy tips on using it.
Defgen-Tutorial

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2012, 10:10:54 PM »
Tx, I thought putting it on the webiste and in the newsflash here (that fading headline on the top) would be enough. Guess the hardcore users only look at new posts ;)
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

ntmark

• View Profile
    • tvnz.co.nz
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2012, 04:44:37 AM »
haha, yeah I'm a new post only guy.

pc_sg

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2012, 12:31:51 PM »
Hi Remo, a little urgent question:

update from 1.0.8-250 to 1.0.8-309 needs database reinitialization?

If so, how can I save and then restore current database information?

I've done an update trough System-Files, but i had some trouble, old config files was not really backupped (so I'd remodified them by hand, based on my remembrance...)
and now I've a lot of alarms.

A manual device add give this errors:
Code: [Select]
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'devgroup' in 'field list' at ./inc/libdb-msq.pm line 509.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'devgroup' in 'field list' at ./inc/libdb-msq.pm line 509.

Please, help!

Paolo

P.S. I know, a good rule is to ALWAYS to save at least config files.... my mistake!!!

pc_sg

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2012, 04:06:49 PM »
Addendum: look at attachment.

May I done something wrong?

in the meanwhile I'm losting devices one by one...

Paolo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2012, 05:44:01 PM »
Well, it looks like you're using the old DB scheme. I know it's cumbersome, but you need to initialize the DB. However you could have exported just the configs table and import it afterwards, as this one hasn't changed from 1.0.7.

You can check any changes in the Readme.txt file now...
-Remo

pc_sg

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2012, 08:57:46 AM »
Thank Remo.

Erased all. I'm not able to do export/import...

Could you write somewhere the right procedure to export and then reimport recoverable database tables?
Particularly if a future upgrade will need again a database reinitialization.

I'm not skilled in database administration, but are you sure that tables structure is always not modifiable if not reinitialising at all?

Thanks a lot anyway!!!

Paolo

pc_sg

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2012, 09:52:45 AM »
Hi Remo.
Reinitialized database and reacquired all devices...

But System-Export page now is completely messed up.

Look to attached snapshot (only a part of the screen, because of attachment size limit)

Any patch to correct it?

TIA!

paolo

pc_sg

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2012, 02:03:33 PM »
Hi Remo, sorry to bother you again... another problem relevanto to Cacti integration. The same was in previous 250 release.
Consider that now I've correctly set all Cacti parameters...
When in Device-Graph page, I select a 3560 switch, select all ports, and then click on Add button under Cacti (traffic selected, but don't change if other choosed) it shows below ERROR: Invalid snmp version (10).
Adding "&debug=1" at the end of the URL it shows

/usr/bin/php /usr/share/cacti/cli/add_device.php --description="Switch_Name" --ip="numeric_ip_address" --template=1 --version="10" --community="Read_SNMP_Community"

(of course up here I've cleaned sensible information...)

and next

/usr/bin/php /usr/share/cacti/cli/add_graphs.php --graph-type=ds --graph-template-id=2 --host-id=ERROR: Invalid snmp version (10) --snmp-query-id=1 --snmp-query-type-id=14 --snmp-field=ifName --snmp-value="cpu"

/usr/bin/php /usr/share/cacti/cli/add_graphs.php --graph-type=ds --graph-template-id=2 --host-id=ERROR: Invalid snmp version (10) --snmp-query-id=1 --snmp-query-type-id=14 --snmp-field=ifName --snmp-value="Fa0/1"

The error seems that "10" is the binary form of 2 (that is the SNMP version supported by switches)

Instead, on 3750 switches, when clicking on Cacti Add button, nothing happens at all, appears only the usual graphs,  CPU Load, Temperature and MemIO.

P.S. but is needed or not to choose which interface or parameter I like to graph, or "all" is the default?

Thanks again in advance!

Paolo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2012, 06:01:32 PM »
It's actually read + writeversion * 4. I wrote Devices-Graph way before I've added any snmpwrite features and never checked back! So, good catch many tx and try this for line 59:

$sp = ($d[2] & 3);
-Remo

redpineapple

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2012, 07:29:20 AM »
What is the defgen file for dd-wrt?  I want to see if I can mod it to work with ubnt.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2012, 10:43:04 AM »
Unfortunately they're just using UC-Davis (1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.3.2.10)...
-Remo

pc_sg

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2012, 12:57:24 PM »
Hi Remo, thanks, now is OK for Cisco 3560 (and also for 3500XL) but still trouble with 3750. I don't know why.
As previsously wrote, with Cisco 3750 nothing happens, only default NeDi graphs appears in the window.

To avoid troubles, could you add an automatism to select all switch parameters graphable by Cacti, instead of needs of select them one by one?
(I don't know if I've explained in a intelligible way...)

Paolo

Addendum: adding "&debug=1" doesn't show usual debug information... Is this useful to identify the problem? Any other tricks to use to help troubleshooting?

P.S. I was working on Sunday because our main DataCenter remained without power supply... all devices and servers to be restartede in the right sequence, and some dead switches... No Comment!

Addendum 2: about 3750: seems that I must select only device ports, and one device a time in a stack, else Cacti add fails... On 3560 and 3500XL I can select all items in the second list (with CTRL-A) and click Add, and NeDi do the job, at most with an error if already added or unmanageable item.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:45:21 AM by pc_sg »