Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feature request: "Wake on LAN"  (Read 4078 times)

wasabi68

Feature request: "Wake on LAN"
« on: January 17, 2012, 09:30:05 AM »
Hello community,

first of all IŽd like to thank Remo for this neat piece of software. We have been running it for 2 months now and are surprised how fast a nedi-run is in comparison to Tirith. Now we have nedi running once in an hour and thus refreshing our port information much more often than before!

Then I would like to ask for a feature which is of much interest for us: Wake on LAN. It is integrated in NeDi and works (as far as I could recognize) if the client is present in any arp table. Would it be a high amount of work to wake up a client in the network where it was last seen?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Claudio

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Feature request: "Wake on LAN"
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »
It should be fairly easy to modify the Wake() function to do that. Maybe in 1.0.8 if I find the time...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

wasabi68

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 09:41:47 AM »
you mean the function in html/inc/libnod.php?

Thanks in advance, Claudio

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 09:07:19 PM »
Yepp, a queary in networks to find the mask, with that the broadcast address can be calculated. Then call this function again with the resulting address. You'll need to allow directed broadcasts in the network and off you go :)
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

wasabi68

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 02:00:06 PM »
Yepp, a queary in networks to find the mask, with that the broadcast address can be calculated. Then call this function again with the resulting address. You'll need to allow directed broadcasts in the network and off you go :)

THX for the information. This feature would be sooooo useful :-D

best regards,
Claudio

wasabi68

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 03:23:50 PM »
As a quick hack we tried this in html/inc/libnod.php:

Code: [Select]
function wake($ip, $mac, $port){
        $ip_tmp = explode(".", $ip);
        $ip_tmp[3] = 255;
        $ip = implode(".", $ip_tmp);

regarding /24 subnets. I know beauty is sth. different, but it works for our company :-)

cheers, Claudio