Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NeDi 1.0.7 Progress  (Read 44541 times)

pc_sg

• View Profile
Re: NeDi 1.0.7
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2012, 08:00:19 AM »
Damn!

moni was not running!!! I've a CRON task (event is statup) to lauch it. May be was crashed.
Thanks!
A kind of task watchdog may be useful... I'll look around...

About auto-dependency, I've deduced right.

Thanks again!

Paolo

EDIT: now (after an hour a more the two discovery) in "Reports-Combination" the "Availability" part of the page is populated, but "Incident Distribution" part still shows warning and no bars at all. Look at attached snapshot.
May be that empty Incident tables is not handled?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 08:59:53 AM by pc_sg »

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2012, 08:43:29 PM »
Most likely, I'll look into the incident handling.
You should see an event asking whether moni is running. That kinda worked for me so far...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

pc_sg

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2012, 09:54:55 AM »
I can confirm, until now (two weeks ago I've reinitialized NeDi) I've no incident recorded at all. I don't know if is right or not (depends on what NeDi consider as incident).

And so, the incident part of the page attached yesterday is still the same. But for the time being, it doesn't matter!

Thanks anyway!!!!!!!

Paolo

Update 8/2/2012: I've generated an incident (disconnecting a desktop switch used for maintenance enough time) and now the incident part of the page is fine. So this confirm that there is something to correct in incident handling.

P.S. do you think you can share with us (at least the brave ones) your adjustment (patch) before you release a new NeDi version, or prefer to deliver a full one (even still prerelease) ?

Second update: I've deleted the "fake" incident, and I can confirm that currently NeDi doesn't handle zero incidents.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:10:54 PM by pc_sg »

raider82

• View Profile
No Links with HP devices
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2012, 05:59:12 PM »
Hi all,

I set up a new box recently and got a strange effect. HP devices do not show any links any more. They are missing in the links table and of course they do not show links in the web. However during discovery, LLDP shows the neighbors and I can also see them on the interfaces.

Any idea, how this can happen?

Thanks.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2012, 07:46:14 PM »
Strange, I don't get those errors even without incidents...oh well hope I caught them anyways! BTW you can generate incidents with moni.pl -t 200...

Forget the patch try 1oh7 final later this week ;)

raider HP switches is a vast area these days. Which model? But since you see them in the interface comment I wonder if something else went bad (e.g. the links table)? Discover with -v and go through the log...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

raider82

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2012, 08:28:54 AM »
raider HP switches is a vast area these days. Which model? But since you see them in the interface comment I wonder if something else went bad (e.g. the links table)? Discover with -v and go through the log...
That's what I did. The strange thing is: it is working on my test box with the same operating system and the same nedi version. I saved both outputs now and found the following difference:
not working machine:
WLNK:0 (ignoring 0 static) links written to nedi.links

working machine:
WLNK:40 (ignoring 0 static) links written to nedi.links

There are no error messages before, so I am wondering where this comes from.

Ok, forget about it. I made a diff on the configs and found an error in the "border" line. So be careful, while saving in vi ;-)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:58:49 AM by raider82 »

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2012, 10:34:11 AM »
Done! 1oh7 is out, including lots of user requests and contributions. Hope you understand if yours hasn't made it in there yet! I'll start on 1oh8 right away and catch up with you there...

To get started even quicker a VMware ESXi image is provided as well. Compressed with 7zip, it's only 58M  8) Unfortunately the ISO grew above 100M and I couldn't even get radius support to work properly. Hope the next release will solve this as well. The documentation is in /doc (supporting autostart).

Enjoy!
-Remo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: NeDi 1.0.7 Progress
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2012, 08:52:45 PM »
Update: Due to some minor but still annoying bugs, I'll provide an update soon. Please test 1.0.7 and post discovery or GUI issues in the appropriate forums below, whith that we can rest the case. In the meantime, I've improved some other things:

• TopRRDs only use discovered devices not just all from DB. For example the IF summary shows actively managed IF not whichever you've discovered a year ago.
  • CLI support for Netgear and Cisco Wlan controller (divided former IOS-wl to ap and wlc flavours), thanks to Aurelien.
  • Improved traphandler a bit
  • DRRD: shows actual values rather than full path for improved debugging with -v
  • Interfaces report lets you look at absolute errors (usinge optimize checkbox) with smaller bargraphs.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:09:19 AM by rickli »
-Remo