Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Real meaning of "nedi.conf" parameter "delay-warn"  (Read 2913 times)

pc_sg

Real meaning of "nedi.conf" parameter "delay-warn"
« on: October 28, 2011, 03:08:35 PM »
Hi to all,
I like to understand what exactly means "delay-warn" parameter, and which kind of measurement is related to.

In my production 1.0.5 I see in the Monitoring Health page a lot of devices with delay greater then 200 ms (and up to 1000 sometimes), but I don't feel our networks are in trouble!

Thanks in advance!

P.C.

tristanbob

• View Profile
Re: Real meaning of "nedi.conf" parameter "delay-warn"
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 09:54:05 PM »
Are you talking about "latency-warn = 100" in Nedi 1.0.6?

This number can be changed to fit your environment.  My network equipment responds much faster than 100 ms, but if the network was degraded somehow, this alarm might be triggered. 

If your network devices are across a WAN, then you will want to increase this.  Hopefully this answers your question.

Tristan

Please visit "Other"->"Invoices" on your NeDi installation to make an annual contribution and support Nedi!

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Real meaning of "nedi.conf" parameter "delay-warn"
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 06:28:35 PM »
I also found some devices being unpredictable with snmp responses. I resorted to ping to get more consistent results. Those CPUs are rather low-end on some models...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo