Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Device Definition Generator for Nortel/Avaya 5XXXX switches  (Read 1959 times)

ToddMurray

Device Definition Generator for Nortel/Avaya 5XXXX switches
« on: August 24, 2011, 11:35:58 PM »
I've done a new install of the latest Nedio1.0.6 with the newest tar file 1.0.6 applied.
I noticed that the Device Definition Generator no longer has options to customize gear for Nortel.
Is there are procedure to create the definitions for these Nortel/Avaya 5XXXX switches and older baystacks. The SysObjId loaded into the Device Definition Generator, but mostly everything is blank.

I would be happy to upload a definition for Avaya 5XXXX switches if someone can tell me how to create one. I have all the latest Avaya Mib definitions, I'm just lost on what I should be looking for.
Thanks
ToddMurray

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Device Definition Generator for Nortel/Avaya 5XXXX switches
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 12:31:28 AM »
Defgen is being redone a bit. I removed the vendor specific guesses and left a bulb for standard OIDs. The new one will search for .defs within +-10 of the sysobjid your creating. It can easily be copied and be used as template with just one click! Hope this will make things much easier...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo