NeDi Community

NeDi Software Specific => Database => Topic started by: sjobergh on May 25, 2016, 01:02:26 AM

Title: Changed from MyISAM to InnoDB
Post by: sjobergh on May 25, 2016, 01:02:26 AM
and it seems to work good,  no table locks anymore and I think I gained about 30%-40% in speed/time when doing discovery
Title: Re: Changed from MyISAM to InnoDB
Post by: sjobergh on May 25, 2016, 01:03:51 AM
Only useful if you have parallel discovery sessions/tasks
Title: Re: Changed from MyISAM to InnoDB
Post by: dohco on May 25, 2016, 12:59:37 PM
Interesting!
Do you have a "manual" or any documentation on how you did the conversion?

Regards
/Conny
Title: Re: Changed from MyISAM to InnoDB
Post by: rickli on May 26, 2016, 10:30:17 AM
Interesting indeed! I read about difference of the two, but never thought I'd affect it so much!
Title: Re: Changed from MyISAM to InnoDB
Post by: swepart on June 01, 2016, 05:30:05 PM
It was pretty easy, I just followed one of several instructions I found on the net
basically only one command per table

Before you alter the tables,  stop all jobs that connected to database

then:
ALTER TABLE tablename ENGINE=InnoDB;

When you are done with all tables you should edit "my.cnf" with InnoDB parameters that is adjusted for you hardware
You might have "fiddle" around with the different InnoDB parameters,  some of them made my installation unusable but when taking them out it works again

I ended up with just these two rows
innodb_thread_concurrency=8
innodb_buffer_pool_size=2G


then you have to restart mysql engine,